New to video in SLC

I've been a still photog for a long time and have developed an interest in video and am beginning the learning curve. As a long time PS user I decided to use Premiere Pro CC. I have a range of cameras with video capabilities: Nikon D800E, Nikon D7200, Panasonic GH2, Zenmuse X5 (4K DJI Inspire 1 drone camera). I also have a wide selection of glass for Nikon and the M43's bodies. I will likely upgrade when the GH5 becomes available.

I live in the SLC area and spend a good deal of time in the high desert and canyon areas of Utah and the southwest. Up till now I've focused on still pictures but my interest in video has been peaked with the growing availability of 4K. That 4K video has greater resolution than my first two serious DSLR's (Nikon D100, Canon 1D MII) is quite interesting and offers possibilities not possible in still photography.

My more immediate goals with video are pretty well limited to shorts for Youtube and Vimeo, but I do have ideas in the back of my mind that could go well beyond that. BUT, one step at a time...

Brian

Back