New to the community, AND the forum. =D

Hi guys and gals, my name is Jef.

Just signed up for the site, was looking to meet anyone in the Houston/Austin area to talk about film stuff with.

I guess I'm a D.P.+Director, I am taking some film classes and whenever the teacher gives other students the "reigns" they totally pee the bed.

Anyone working on any projects with youtube links or something?
I bought a pretty good camera, but wish I had done some more research before committing to it, lol.
Anyone who wants to talk shop, my email is-
outfade@hotmail.com

I'm in Cypress, also with my own camera and some production equipment. My main area of focus right now is writing. If you're in North Houston, we're practically neighbors.

Welcome to the asylum. :)

What camera did you get?

I got a Sony HRD-SR11. Its pretty decent for starters. 1080i hd, can make bluerays with it. (too bad no blueray burner)

anyhow, I used to live in cypress, lol. Also lived in Hockley.

If you would like to do any collabs, or partner up for either of our content, its nice having a partner in crime to bounce ideas off of and whatnot.

How serious are you about it all?
I would say I am "Optimus Prime" serious about it. Which to me, means, I would stick an all-spark in my chest. Everyone knows that is suicide.

leave some contact information if you would like to get in touch.

Check your PMs. Very serious about the writing. Writing will eventually be a career once I can get it off the ground. I'm planning to the short films as experimentation into the visualization (script to screen) process to help the writing. I got stalled with producing my first short because I ran out of interested friends and family to abuse in front of and behind the camera. I wrote the script, assembled most of the equipment I needed, and then everyone involved besides me either got divorced (cast) or moved out of town (sound guy). I still have a lighting tech at my disposal, but he used to do theater lighting, so I will need to get him some set time to learn lighting for video.

I started to get plugged in to the local Houston film scene, but life, economic woes and day-job job focus took precedent. Haven't had the extra cash flow. And it doesn't cost anything to sit and write (except maybe a cup of coffee or three).

I am running standard definition at the moment (Canon XL1s).

Back