• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

New short screenplay idea.

So before I sit down to finish my script, I thought I'd share my idea with you all and take some advice. Also wanted to check how interesting/exciting the thought is.So here it is:

A college fresher ,just moved in to city is fascinated by gang wars and joins one as a informer.Though he is fascinated, he's still afraid of blood, murders. Once he accidentally happens to kill his friends brother. Due to this traumatic experience, he develops False Memory Syndrome . He starts believing that he killed his own brother.

So that was just a rough synopsis . The movie begins with our man consulting a doc , having already developed the syndrome(he doesn't know about it). Planning it in a non linear style .

Thoughts?:)

Seems solid. You'd have to really sell the fact that he is, I suppose, oblivious? Or..more like he hasn't accepted that violence is a part of ANY gang..

Also..just what I would do, is have the gang make him go on a hazing/activation mission with them..they try to make him kill but he won't have it. So he freaks and runs, because they'd probably off someone that "weak" and they kill his family. THEN he believes that he killed his family. I think if you make that's^ non linear..it could be gold. Perhaps start with the murder and make the viewer kinda think that he killed his fam, as it goes back to him joining the gang, and then have the twist. Does that make sense? Anyways, just my thoughts.

Looks like a feature to me.

Thats the plan mate. Going to make a short film first and going to expand it into a feature in further years.

Seems solid. You'd have to really sell the fact that he is, I suppose, oblivious? Or..more like he hasn't accepted that violence is a part of ANY gang..

Also..just what I would do, is have the gang make him go on a hazing/activation mission with them..they try to make him kill but he won't have it. So he freaks and runs, because they'd probably off someone that "weak" and they kill his family. THEN he believes that he killed his family. I think if you make that's^ non linear..it could be gold. Perhaps start with the murder and make the viewer kinda think that he killed his fam, as it goes back to him joining the gang, and then have the twist. Does that make sense? Anyways, just my thoughts.

Thanks mate. Will look into it.

anyone else with any idea's or suggestions? Does this idea exciting? :)

Okay. The doctor's office seems like a good opening. But what are his motives to join exactly? Money? Fascination seems a bit weak and even problematic knowing he's so scared.

Back