New Short Coming for Halloween

Here is a screen grab from my latest project a humorous horror short titled "The Petulant Penguin".

Petulant%20Penguin.Movie_Snapshot.jpg

Some background on this production.

I started out just making super short 1 minute videos pretty much just testing out different effects and learning how to shoot. I learned so much that I realized that to do a solid one minute short would take hours of time and lots of money either in equipment already purchased or paying others for help. Luckily I've been very successful with certain projects that I've been able to build up a pretty decent arsenal of equipment to do a good short. Not nearly pro rig set up here, but a decent DSLR and lighting combo. The biggest challenge that I've ran into is time. I don't have much so I basically had to cut a bunch of corners to make this particular short work out. We had a very narrow window and so we started and finished the entire shoot in a little over 3 hours. The final product is probably gonna clock in at 2 minutes and change. This project is light years ahead of my other shorts but what's funny is there is still a long ways to go before I will be very good at this. I used to be able to finish a video in a week, and now the pre-production alone is already longer than that. What a really challenging but rewarding medium. I love that about making movies.

Back