New Member Shooting for First Time in Europe

Howdi Good Folks of Indietalk.com,

I am cinematographer shooting a low budget film soon in Lisbon, Portugal. Having never shot in Europe before, I've some questions about equipment.

Here is a quick sampling of my lighting/grip request using American units---does any of you good folks of film/video know how these individual equipment line-items would convert to the European standard, i.e. what should I request to a European rental house that would be equivalent to:

1---2500 Watt HMI Fresnel w/barn doors, stand and scrims
2---20 Amp Dimmers
1---Panther Dolly
2---2000 Watt Tungsten Fresnel w/barn doors, stand and scrims
2---2-bank 4-footer Kino Flo with tungsten and daylight bulbs
1----Chimera Kits for 1000 Watt Light
1---Location Rolling Cart of Lighting Equipment
1---12'x12' Frame with Solid, Silk, Double Net, Single Net

Do any of you good brothers and sisters of production out there know what I should ask for in terms of the European equivalents of these above items.

Any help is most ESPECIALLY appreciated!!!

Strongest Peace and Gratitude, tallmanviking

All will be same in Europe as well,, mentioned gear is available in Turkey , I sure Portugal has too..
Happy trails

does any of you good folks of film/video know how these individual equipment line-items would convert to the European standard, i.e. what should I request to a European rental house

Essentially a Panther dolly is a Panther dolly - a Rolling Cart is a Rolling Cart - and even
a 2500 Watt HMI Fresnel is a 2500 Watt HMI Fresnel. If you send your list (as is) to any
rental house in Europe they will be able to meet your needs.

Back