New Indie Film Tech Tip: White Balance

Hey People,

I finally got around to making a new Indie Film Tech Tip on White Balance. (I've shot 6 features this year so free time has been tight.) This tip shows you the basics of how to use the White Balance feature on your camera to create different looks for your projects. It's a Windows Media file and runs around 3 min. and 14 sec.

Watch and enjoy.

http://www.scottspears.net/filmmakpg3.html

Scott

By the way, for those who wonder... that nifty swatch book of gels that Steve is using can be obtained here. ;)

I just requested mine.

You can also get swatch books for these other product lines from Rosco:

Roscolux & Supergel
Roscolux: Rosco's premier range of filters, manufactured in a unique technology to insure the longest possible life under hot theatrical lights.
Supergel: Supergel is the most widely used color filter in the world today. It is comprised of a range of more than 75 colors and 15 diffusions.

E-Colour
Rosco's comprehensive system of European color filters for film and video production.

Last edited:
Got me a book on the way as well.

Another tip...to get the little blue and orange cards that scott had, you can walk in to any FedEx Kinko's (or similar printer/copier/paper) store and get a free sample swatch of paper in many different colors. I went the extra step and lamenated my little cards that way they last.

Poke

Back