New film distribution company

Hey all,

This is my first time on this board in a professional capacity. i'm excited.

I wanted to tell you about our new company Kaliper Media. Our press release is coming in the next few days, but we wanted to sneak the word out a bit here first.

We work with a few different companies in order to bring the best services to indie filmmakers. So many filmmakers, just want to make their work available on decent platform and get some publicity for it; perhaps recoup some of their investment. Most are just needing a legitimate partner who can deliver on what they said they'd do. We want to be that partner.

Our plan of attack for your film, and what we offer, is really simple. It honestly may not be enough for some of you and that's ok. For some of you, it may be exactly what you need.

1. Encoding through an Apple approved encoding house, and distribution through a major distributor to ITunes and Netflix.
-We know it's limited, and we know Netflix is tough. But that's our focus. You will get pitched to both, and we will make sure you're materials meet all their standards prior to delivery.

2. Building an app for your film, including synopsis, trailer, Facebook, twitter, reviews, and any info on director cast and crew you'd like. We will publish this app for you to ITunes and Google Play
-A thing to remember is that the delivery time of the film will take about 3 months. The delivery time for your app will be about 2 weeks. A great asset to have to use from promotional use

3. Working a 3 month PR campaign for your film

Our fee is $499. Our encoding/distribution partner take 15% of your royalty. So that's an 85/15 split in your favor. This is one year term with a mutual option.

Please check is out at http://kalipermedia.com

I know there's a bunch of question to ask, so please go to the site, hunt a round a bit, and if you'd like, shoot us a note and lets start a conversation. Things can move really quickly from there.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Hi there My name is Maren Northway and I'm offering free soundtrack and score music, Here is my link and if you hear anything that appeals to you hit me up and I will send u a download link.

Take Care

Before or after you take the $499?

Hey Guerrilla,

Thanks for asking. Shoot us an email if you'd like to talk more. info@kalipermedia.com

That said, I'll respond to this because it's big. There are horror stories on this forum about distro telling you months down the road that there are issues with your film. That's completely ridiculous and unacceptable,

Most technical issues, we can spot, and often rectify immediately, upon the initial screening and Q and A. We wouldn't accept you if your film didn't meet initial technical specs. Then of course, we go through the encoding process which is done by an Apple approved encoding house. If we run into something there, we'll work with you to make it right. If it takes time, we'll put in the time with you. Most issues can be dealt with. This goes for the app as well.

So yes, to enter a partnership, we'd require payment, but along with that is a real partnership. We want your movie out there, and we want this to be great for both of us.

Hope that was helpful.

Couple of questions...

-Is there any guarantee like "if your film doesn't get into any of the outlets you get your money back"?

-Aren't there already other companies that offer this same service but don't take royalties?

-Are the distribution rights exclusive to you in any of these areas?

Hey Moonshield,

Thank you for those questions. We really appreciate the opportunity to respond.

1. Yes, we would refund a portion of the fee if it didn't hit ITunes. We'd retain a portion for encoding the film, building the app, and running the PR campaign.

2. Yes, there is one significant one, and their fee is about 3 time ours for iTunes alone. Neftlix is an additional significant sum. Our fee includes delivery to ITunes and Netflix, encoding, building and publishing the app, and running the PR campaign. We feel like that's a reasonable and quite competitive fee.

3. Yes, in the territories we are successful. If we pitch to ITunes and Netflix. We get the first right to do that on your behalf. If we hit ITunes, then we have an exclusive for that store. If we got to Netfilx, but fail, then you retain your rights to that store.

Thank you again for the questions.

hey guys, is it just these 2 platforms you concerntrate on or are you able to offer other platforms for VOD? what about offline options such as DVD or theatrical?

Hey Welsh Gambit,

Thanks for asking.

No DVD or theatrical. If we wanted to work together, we could still do the other outlets for you, and you'd retain physical and theatrical distro.

I'm happy to go into this more if you'd like to email. But I'll say that the general take is that ITunes you can get into, if done properly, and it is a bitch of a process. So that's where we come in. We feel like we know the drill, we know what they want to see technically, and we'll get it done for you...plus everything else we do.

We'll also will go to Neflix. If somehow we were to nail that, then I'd suggest we go to the other platforms, with our Netflix acceptance email in hand, and give it a shot.

Please shoot me an email and check out the site.

info@kalipermedia.com
http://kalipermedia.com

Getting quite a number of questions about about shorts and TV series. Getting more questions about features, but we're surprised with all the Qs regarding the former. Shorts absolutely; no problem there at all. TV series distro hasn't been part of our initial push, but it's something we'd consider. If we like you, we want to work with you, and figure out what we can do to get your work out there.

Keep it coming. We're excited!

Getting quite a number of questions about about shorts and TV series. Getting more questions about features, but we're surprised with all the Qs regarding the former. Shorts absolutely; no problem there at all. TV series distro hasn't been part of our initial push, but it's something we'd consider. If we like you, we want to work with you, and figure out what we can do to get your work out there.

Keep it coming. We're excited!

My understanding is you can release and promote movies on iTunes and Netflix.

So what have you successfully released and promoted on iTunes and Netflix?

Hey Gorilla,

thank you for the note.

We are still preparing to officially launch. We have yet to send out a formal press release even. But all that is on the way shortly. Really just trying to get our initial films in order.

So while we're still prepping, the partners we are working with have an exceptional track record to all platforms. There's more info I can share if you'd like. Please feel free to email.

info@kalipermedia.com

Thanks again. Sure appreciate it.

I love how, for once, the members here at Indietalk can't hate on something despite always trying to look for something to bash. It's gotta be frustrating. That proves that Kaliper provides undeniably solid opportunities.

Anyway, I've got one feature that is soon to be complete and should have another done by early 2015. You guys at Kaliper can expect to hear from me soon.

Dready and Jhar,

thank you so much for the kind words.

That said, I DO understand why filmmakers get frustrated. I mean, how can they not? When a micro budget film is considered anything under 200k, what's a 50k, or 10k (or less!) movie called. I also think that people get online, and things are said in moments of anger or hurt, and if we believe that we're here for the artists, then we need to allow them some less than pleasant moments. One our end of things, this is pretty easy to understand.

The only thing we're trying to do is get in the corner of a filmmaker, and help him fight his battle. Although our partners are massive and strong, we're just dogs in the corner scrapping it out. But we're YOUR dogs, and we're ready to go to war for the artists we partner with.

Beyond that, it's hard to promise more, but we will do what we said we would. If some want to dismiss us as being too small and minor, that's ok. But we may be exactly what others need, and that's who we're hear for.

Back