New Ad For Indiegogo

Okay, after the other thread discussion and the fact that I Indiegogo gets less traffic, etc.

Here's what I organized for givebacks:

$5 Donations=Personal Thanks Through Email
$10 Donations=Personal Thanks Through Mail
$20 Donations=Unsigned Poster
$30 Donations=T-Shirt
$40 Donations=Signed Poster
$50 Donations=BluRay
$100 Donations=End Credits Recognition
$500 Donations=Executive Producer Cred

Total asking price as $4,000

And yes, you get everything+ as you pay in more.

Please pitch in, I'm obviously not certain about the amounts or the products I'd be giving.

But for reference:

50 Shirts=$300 cost (total, after tax)
200 Posters=$350 total 18x24 inches
100 Blank Blurays=$150 after tax+Inkjet, covers, etc, final cost of $300 total

Maybe, considering the T-shirt costs proportionately more to make and I expect most people would be more interested in seeing the film than getting a shirt, you could swap Blu-Ray and T-shirt give-aways?
hmm... *thinks a bit*

I don't think this will work in your favor. You don't seem to have figured in shipping, errors at the printer, or "lost" rewards/customer service. You're also not counting in your time. Printing 150 blu-rays on your home PC is dozens of hours of work (albeit, most of it is passive). Tangible rewards are a nightmare to fulfill, and they just eat away at the thing you're asking for: donations. If I donate $50 you're going to send me a blu-ray, t-shirt, 2 posters, a letter, and an email? How much of my $50 donation is eaten up by stuff you're sending me just to get the $50? More than half? So now you're asking for $4,000 but after everything is said and done (IG slice, paypal slice, fulfillment) you're probably only getting $1,400 in your bank account?

If people aren't donating to your campaign, it's not because you're not giving them a poster of the movie or a t-shirt of the movie. People donate to your movie because they either like the concept or they like you. Personally I think all the time you're spending trying to figure out product fulfillment would best be spent honing your concept and your pitch. Good luck.

Yeah the pitch has been done. I don't feel like posting the script here.

With bulk amounts, and maybe not giving people everything as the donations get bigger, still thought I considered if I got $4,000 and most were say, $40-$50 donations, I'd retain 70% of what I got.

Well, minus the 10% or so from the site taking its share.

And no, I would send a personal email if you're getting a mailed thank you. Shipping costs are rather minimal if you already have the packaging which I can get for next to nothing.

I might just limit the products to BluRay, Shirt, Signed Poster.

Back