• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Networking in the Heartland

I'm curious if there are indie filmmakers in the Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky areas interested in networking. I've had my hand in a few projects now in the tri-state area. I feel that IndieTalk offers a way to bring together a regional group of filmmakers who have some valuable knowledge and resources to help support each other. Information about the newest cameras, techniques for After Effects, DIY equipment, props, fight choreography, screenwriting, etc. I know there are local and regional workshops, meetings and festivals but I'm thinking along the lines of networking IndieTalk affiliates.

If you've been to Mike's (Scoopicman) Las Vegas Indie Meet, you know it's a great experience, a fun relaxed way to meet some of the faces behind the names. Informal but informative. If you can get there, it's worthwhile. For those who can't, I'm curious if there's any interest in a similar "greet-meet-n-share" here in the Heartland.

I live in KY, and I would love to learn from others. I have no real experience or insights to offer to others, though. I have some equipment, but my day job (often 80-hr a week day job) is not at all film related, and doesn't leave me much time to really learn from doing. It is also hard for me to come up with childcare for spontaneous events, but with enough of a heads up, I'd be very interested in something informal and informative.

Back