Needs rating!

hey guys was wanting to see what the world thought of my film! Mushroom apocalypse this film is about a boy on a farm, just an ordinary day when he finds
a horde of shrooms
and as he continues he finds more and more until he decides that something has gone terribly wrong! and in the final scene he turns into
a zombie
only to relize it is just a
dream

link https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=379711405441553&set=vb.186893218112177&type=2&theater

feel free to check out my official website at http://wasabiproductions.webs.com/

53 seconds before i see any kind of footage? woah...

i dont/no one wants to see a teenage boy in his boxer shorts (apart from perverts, one direction fans and justin beiber fans)

I can only assume that the film is telling me the person has a fear of mushrooms.

apart from that it was 5 minutes of nothing really.

camera skills were par.

Titles. Kid getting up. Boxer shorts. Goes to feed rooster. White crap on the ground. Gets red eyes after stepping on white crap. Wakes up.

Not bad for a first short. But a few things that bothered me.

The Story
You had to explain to us what the film is about. You should not have to do that. We should be able to watch the film and understand it without looking at the description. I also thought the whole "if you step on a shroom you turn into a zombie" thing was absurd. Also, the film being a dream sequence seemed like a cheap way to wrap everything up.

The Camerawork

Changing aperture. Shaky. Unmotivated.

Pacing and editing

Too long. Boring. Cut the film down. Instead of showing him waking up, how about the film starts with the kid calling up his friend, and telling him that he found some weird looking mushrooms. He tries one of them, and turns into a zombie. Or just start the film with him walking out of the house, and seeing the white stuff on the ground, then the zombie bit. Too long.

NOW HERE'S WHAT I LIKED

There were some cool shots. It's an interesting concept. It's impressive for a first short. The eyes looked good. The music was fitting and well paced. The titles were good.

You definitely have talent, you just have to perfect it. I hope to see more in the future, and I wish you the best of luck.

Back