Need some help picking an ending.

I posted the script a while back, but in a nutshell, two guys are contracted to kill a man that has stolen money from a hotshot. The standard dynamic is in play, pinky and the brain if you will. The smarter character is quick to preach to the other character about fairness and greed. Eventually the "Brain" kills his partner to take all of the contract money despite all of his previous statements. That being said I'm torn between two endings.

In the first, the main character is driving away from his dead partner. He is listening to the radio and is content with himself. Fade to black, obvious sound of car wreck, credits.

PROS: It has a sort of, yin and yang feel to it. The universe has a balance between good and evil, and you get yours in the end kind of thing.

CONS: It feels quick, and it feels cheap.

In the second, the main character goes back to his boss to collect the money. The boss expresses a job well done, but it quickly becomes evident that he never intended to pay the main character. The main character tries to fight back, but is quickly dispatched.

PROS: Possibly more audience satisfaction. The ending may feel a little more complete.

CONS: The ending COULD drag for the third act (I'll have to demonstrate a passage of time as he travels from location A to location B). It will also require another location, and at LEAST one more actor, and I'm already spread pretty thin as it is. It's not impossible, but it won't be easy.

What do you think?

Back