• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need some feedback on screenplay!

So I've been writing a couple of scripts (5 to be exact :) ) these past few weeks and I'm just wondering if there's someone who would like to give it a look and offer some feedback?

Please email me at: info.justinl@yahoo.com

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving! I'm very thankful for this wonderful community. :D

I've just finished a creepy drama and am waiting for feedback from my usual sources - I know how valuable good notes can be!

What turned me off though, Justin, was you stating that you've been working on FIVE scripts over the past "few weeks"; honestly, I don't know how to handle that.

If you're serious about a project, others can be churning in the back of your mind, but ONE should always be predominant, and if you've been taking time out because it's not out-lined properly (in your mind or on paper is fine), then that's all cool, but to be writing FIVE SCRIPTS only tells me that you've been doing so spuriously.

If you have a bona fide screenplay which you've laboured over for a while and feel that it's either DOWN or you can't think what's up with it, post a few details here of the case, and indeed the genre + log line and I'll get back to you.

Please understand that I'm extra busy of late and it may be several days before I check in again.

This, of course, only applies if you WANT my help (especially since you don't know me from Adam).

Different people work in different ways. I know people that can work on a bunch of projects all at the same time time without sacrificing quality on any of them. I also know people who can barely keep one train of thought going long enough to complete anything. Most of the people I know fall somewhere in between. Since i don't know which kind of person Justin is, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and figure that he knows what works for him.

I barely have time to take care of my own stuff lately, so I'm not going to be the guy you need right now. If you have specific parts that are giving you a hard time or just want a different perspective on an individual scene, I'll be glad to kick in my two cents as time allows.

Am speechless. I have been working on a script three months now and figure out I have at least another two months before I consider calling it a first draft.
I have a couple of ideas but cant jump into them cause to me, that would be a distraction.
I would really like to look at your work. Thats in case you would like to have me look at your work of course. Just email me dfoustine@hotmail.com

What kind of scripts are we talking about here? Format? Subject matter? Style?

As a side, I've been slowly working on a feature length script for the last 18 months, while allowing other ideas to develop. I could not sit down and write these scripts until I have a final draft of my current project.

Back