Need Help

So i know absolutely nothing about forums and even less about film but im going to make an attempt anyways. My little brother wants to go into film and really enjoys making videos and stuff but doesn't really know where to start. So.... I figured i'd see what i could do to help and i ran across this forum. He has a decent camera that he got for his birthday and an editing program that he got for Christmas. I have no clue what program but i can find that out if i need to. He has made some short films for fun and i believe he's very creative but im probably alittle biased. He told me last month that he would like to enter a film contest/festival and i was wandering if there are any good ones that anyone could suggest for someone starting out.

Get online and google: "film festivals in Texas"

That's a start. Do alittle research on that "little fest in Austin" :lol: South By Southwest has got to have something going on after the fest, right? If not, just look around.

There is no right or wrong way to get started in film, just get started. The only wrong way is to not do something because you don't know how or don't have this or that or you don't have a "good" camera. Any camera is fine when you are starting out. Any edit system that teaches you the basics just prepares you for the more involved systems.

The only real wrong way is to not do anything :yes:

-- spinner :cool:

Hey Spinner

Hey Spinner,

Just wanted to let you know that I think that was some AWESOME advice about the only wrong way of doing things is NOT DOING ANYTHING! If that's not the best advice in the world, then my name's not Tameka!

Back