Need Help With Panasonic Dvc30

After a very long time of searching for the right camera for me, i am now looking seriously at the dvc30 but there are a few questions left un-answered.

1. Does it have manual gain controls separate from iris controls? From whar i have read is that you can't control one without the other.

2. One of the main things i am looking for is good low light performance which i understand the dvc30 is good at. Yet i have heard some conflicting reports that you cant record in low light without slowing down the shutter speed creating a 'gain-up' look.

I hope someone can help me. :yes:

No it will not. The VX is a 1/3" chip camera while the DVC is a 1/4" I believe.

That said, why is low light so important to you? Some applications it can be imperative while others, like making movies, doesn't require it (you should be manipulating the light on set/in the field anyway).

in my movies i like to film under low light conditions outside whether it be in an alleyway at night, in a street in the dark etc. Since i dont have the money for lighting running on generators, lighting outside is rather hard for me, therefor the need for a decent low light performance camera.

Back