• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Need help with a super-short.

Looking to do a simple, one character short. 10 minutes tops.

The main character is this guy, Major Chimera.
267431_244555778897604_199640660055783_952937_1200989_n.jpg

The only solid trait this character has to maintain is the fact that he is MUTE.
All is fair game, the genre, style, etc. are not important. Just want something interesting and preferably mind bending.

Whoever gives me an idea I can run with will get writing credit at the end of it all.

I like an idea of him being an anti-hero.. you don't see that too often in movies, or at least I don't see very many with that concept. Have him accomplish good deeds but through evil means. Maybe open the film with him executing a corporate official in a large open area with the mask on. When the cops come, he let's them take him without a fight (unwilling to harm innocents. The audience doesn't know this yet though). Then he is in jail, we don't see his face at all. The scenes are shot with his back to the camera going through the system. Then as he sits in jail awaiting trial, he is given a presidential pardon (just have a guard come and explain it before letting him out of the cell) because it was revealed that the corporate asshole was actually keeping several foreign girls locked away somewhere as his personal sex slaves or something. Make the guy a complete douche so the audience then connects to the guy that they once viewed as a ruthless murderer

I don't understand why its okay to steal from the rich. Its stealing, but I guess it would be vigilante.

The whole idea from Robin Hood, "Steal from the rich to give to the poor" gets twisted, IMO.
He wasn't robbing from the "rich" arbitrarily, he was stealing from the Monarch whose responsibility was supposed to be to the people.

Marx said the rich had a responsibility to the poor, so I guess if those were your thoughts it would be acceptable morally to steal for the poor.

But, to steal from a rich man whose legacy was built on theft and deceit I think would be the only way to class theft as vigilantism. Otherwise it's just stealing.

Back