• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

need help on bluray master and other

I have a festival coming up for my feature, they want the screening copy on a Bluray. I bought a Bluray burner, but the software that came WITH it won't support Bluray with paying for an upgrade. Really? I won't give them the business as that is pretty scammy and not sure it will even work for what I do want. Need something for PC, where I can just bring in a rendered 1920X1080 wma file and burn it to the Bluray without a menu and wil just play when inserted.

HELP?

THANKS!!

Hollie

Hey! I'm sure if you look for a duplication house in your area they could help you, or if you want to DIY then download a trial of Adobe Encore. It works for PC and will handle Blu-Ray no problem!

Good luck!

I'd suggest going to a dupe house, or even a local post house will likely be able to help you out. If you've never burnt a Blu-Ray before, you can find that your film ends up looking nowhere near as good as it could because of certain compression settings and compression techniques.

That said, if you do want to have a go yourself, there are many programs that will do it - even Nero will burn without menu (IIRC from my PC days)

Since you're talking about a one off, I'd suggest going back to your editor and asking him/her if they can do it. Just be sure to test the quality of the BR before you send it to the festival.

Back