• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

NEED HELP BRAINSTORMING

I Need a concept for a short film i am doing for school. It will have multiple actors and actress' so don't worry about the number of actors.

the film will revolve around middle schoolers because a middle school drama club has offered to give me actors.

any ideas??

Not copying a Hughs movie but using it as a guide. When you think he made a classic out something that every student can relate to...

Take any school situation - homeroom class/gym/theater itself and go from there. What is great about writing is that there are no rules but your imagination. If its well written anything can be believed. C'mon - Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader dueling it out in outter space to get out of the clutches of the evil emporer who has magical powers?
You can do anything.

Do you interested in Horror / Mystery genres?

If you have access to school premises after hours, you can make a really good horror/mystery flick. Lets say bunch of students preparing for a skit late hours in the school. Suddenly students go missing one after the other. I think this will be fun if you could exploit the after hours school ambiance to mount the tension and build the mood.

Back