Need Advice On My Website Please!

Hello Everyone,

So I've gone through at least ten redesigns of my website over the course of five or six years, usually hopping between services, builders, etc. The past two years, however, I've been using Adobe Muse and have been very satisfied with it, for the most part. (Even though its few limitations are very noticeable and frequently frustrating)

So I recently did a newer redesign of my website, and I'm actually really pleased with. It's clean, organized, nice looking, and houses all of my content well, especially my music. However, I'm worried that it isn't up to snuff with all of this new fangled internet technology.

It's a fairly static website, you go from one page to the next and find the content you need. It's laid out nicely, but it isn't overly interactive or new-era-ish.

I started messing around with Squarespace, though, and noticed that the websites created with it are really, really slick. Plus, they have some features that Adobe Muse lacks, which has frustrated me in the past. However, I'm hesitate to switch, because:

1. Squarespace is dramatically overpriced, and housing a website on it is five times the price of my current hosting.
2. If my website is already fulfilling its purpose, why change it?

Regardless, I'm worried my site falls behind in modern day terms of website creation.

So, I'll link it below - Please let me know your thoughts! Thank you!

http://brettstewart.net/

In terms of usability, you can’t go wrong with a standard one level menu but It’s not really necessary to have a menu at the footer that mimics exactly what the main menu does. It makes sense if there is a lot of content and a lot of sub menus but for your website its redundant.

As far as the design goes, ditch the image in the background. As good as it looks, its distracting to the main content and doesn’t serve any purpose. I would replace it with a solid colour, lighter than the main content container and perhaps overlay a light pattern.

Do those things and its going to help things a lot.

Back