Need a professional opinion on this video camera

Hi,

I'm far from being a professional.
I just like to look over peoples' shoulders and learn whatever they're learning!

From their specs page, doesn't this max aperture seem a bit... small?
Aperture (Max.) : F3.5 (wide end)
I'm sure it's fine, I'm just wondering.

Effective Picture Resolution : Approx. 16.1 megapixels(3:2 Still)/Approx. 13.6 megapixels(16.9 movie)
Niiiice.
It doesn't really say what size that CMOS chip is. DSLRS have several different sizes.

Microphone Input : Stereo Minijack
And you know all the audiophiles here are gonna curse you if you insist on using these cr@ppy little minijacks, right?

Last edited:
It seems like a fine camera. For live events like weddings the lens might be too slow for dark interiors, but you could swap lenses. I'd also record audio separately; mini jacks are unreliable and high impedance, a recipe for interference and static.

i was talking as far as video goes i dont want to shoot pics but on the other hand for weddings lets say is it good enough or you would suggest something better from sony website cause if i was to finance idc how much to spend anyway i would have to pay it little by little..

It seems like a fine camera. For live events like weddings the lens might be too slow for dark interiors, but you could swap lenses. I'd also record audio separately; mini jacks are unreliable and high impedance, a recipe for interference and static.

is it possible to connect wireless mic ? or its also not good?

i was talking as far as video goes i dont want to shoot pics but on the other hand for weddings lets say is it good enough or you would suggest something better from sony website cause if i was to finance idc how much to spend anyway i would have to pay it little by little..

It's fine for weddings. You need about 2 more cameras to be competitive with pro stands or operators. It's a brutal business now a days.

It looks good in the technical specs but I don't know a lot, about it, and will let the pros give any advice on that.

If you want to shoot weddings, it would be best to record the audio, from the mics, that groom, bride, and priest, pastor, etc, are using themselves, and perhaps record it onto a seperate recorder where you can monitor the audio, rather than relying on the cams audio. This way you will have much better, and closer up sound, than any wedding video I've seen.

Last edited:
It looks good in the technical specs but I don't know a lot, about it, and will let the pros give any advice on that.

If you want to shoot weddings, it would be best to record the audio, from the mics, that groom, bride, and priest, pastor, etc, are using themselves, and perhaps record it onto a seperate recorder where you can monitor the audio, rather than relying on the cams audio. This way you will have much better, and closer up sound, than any wedding video I've seen.

Respectfully, that's moronic and would require a crew of 5 and a mixer. You take all the audio of all the cameras - these types of cameras have broadcast sound, albeit not movie sound, and mix it up in post. You have 2 channels and you have to deal with it.

Good wireless transmitters/receivers/lavs cost $1400 EACH. Good thing we only have 2 channels. The bride will not be mic'd, trust me. You can volunteer to get your head bashed in if you want to try. ;)

The bride will not be mic'd, trust me. You can volunteer to get your head bashed in if you want to try. ;)
So... I can't feel up the bride on her wedding day to place the lav mic, cord and transmitter? :no::yes:

How about the bridesmaids? Can I just mic up the cute ones?
("Hey. Lemme see your dead cat and I'll let ya see my boom mic"!)

So... I can't feel up the bride on her wedding day to place the lav mic, cord and transmitter? :no::yes:

How about the bridesmaids? Can I just mic up the cute ones?
("Hey. Lemme see your dead cat and I'll let ya see my boom mic"!)

:lol: Trust me, brother, they are FREAKIN' SERIOUS ON THAT DAY. Even the ugly ones rally if you insult the one in white. Do you know how much she paid for that dress and she just got her hair done and...you are just IMPOSSIBLE! They start closing doors and start to fill tube socks with rolls of quarters while telling you they are too mad to talk. :yes:

Respectfully, that's moronic and would require a crew of 5 and a mixer. You take all the audio of all the cameras - these types of cameras have broadcast sound, albeit not movie sound, and mix it up in post. You have 2 channels and you have to deal with it.

Good wireless transmitters/receivers/lavs cost $1400 EACH. Good thing we only have 2 channels. The bride will not be mic'd, trust me. You can volunteer to get your head bashed in if you want to try. ;)

Well I recorded the audio that way for my friends wedding, from their mics all onto a field recorder and it worked well. The bride, groom, and pastor had mics, and I plugged them into the sound system. Then I plugged in my field recorder, and recorded all the sound through.

Well I recorded the audio that way for my friends wedding, from their mics all onto a field recorder and it worked well. The bride, groom, and pastor had mics, and I plugged them into the sound system. Then I plugged in my field recorder, and recorded all the sound through.

That is a back-up plan. You cannot rely on unpaid others to provide your audio.

Back