movies Napoleon Dynamite behind the scenes documentary

I think the movie is hilarious and never really thought twice on the budget/expense etc back in 2004, I just always thought it was a hilarious movie with outstanding casting. I somehow came across this vid

I suppose I am shocked to see just how low budget it really was when being filmed. Which is just amazing in so many ways, if you have a great story, and great actors and a great crew, you can make a movie just as good as anything made with millions with A-list actors from Hollywood.

I would go as far as to say that this movie is better than most movies I have ever seen with a huge budget. Perhaps it is just a different cognitive effect..., but I don't think so, I really think it is just great storytelling with everyone from the crew to the cast on the same page. Not chasing the dollar, and making something just as great as anything cranked out by mainstream Hollywood.

Last edited:
I've been watching this movie since I was a kid, and every time I re-watch it I appreciate something new about it. It's such a great dry little comedy.

Back