My Second Short Film- I need Honest Input

Hello Everyone, first off I hope I'm not being that annoying guy who creates a post in the wrong section. (Wasn't sure where to post this)

I'm still relatively new to filmmaking (I've been creating videos since I was 10, but I wouldn't really count them as anything acceptable) and after a lot of consideration I decided not to Major in Film and rather major in Computer Science next year for college. (I hope I'm making the right decision). However, someone on this forum once told me that the only way to become a better filmmaker is to make more films.

So here's a short film I recently did with a few friends of mine (sorry no professional actors) and I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks!

Trapped in the Closet- Romantic Comedy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CMJdcILX10

Last edited:
From first glance, you've crossed the line a few times.
All of the shots are clean. You may want to include some dirty shots for perspective.
Consider using L and J cuts in editing. It may help it flow more.
Some of the editing beats aren't right. Some are too quick (for instance, an insert in the touching part was too quick, while others are a little too slow).

Most of the other stuff, I'm sure you're already aware of.

Not too bad.

From first glance, you've crossed the line a few times.
All of the shots are clean. You may want to include some dirty shots for perspective.
Consider using L and J cuts in editing. It may help it flow more.
Some of the editing beats aren't right. Some are too quick (for instance, an insert in the touching part was too quick, while others are a little too slow).

Most of the other stuff, I'm sure you're already aware of.

Not too bad.

Thanks for your input! Yeah, I only meant to cross the line toward the end when the mood of the story changed, but idiot me did it unconsciously a few times while shooting. And interesting...I actually never heard of L and J cuts, I'm going to have to research it a little more, cause that might have helped with the beat. While editing, I seem to have the tendency of cutting each shot a little too short.

Thanks though :)

Funny concept, i liked some of the jokes.

The actors could have been much more natural rather than just speaking the lines. Also the color was a little too contrasty. Lift the shadows up a bit.

Back