• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

My idea is orignal ?

Hi few days back i met aguy on internet. He wanted a script for his feature film (a teen comedy) which can be completed within 10k US dollars. I pitched him an idea which he said is not very orignal. The fact is that i created that idea myself but i dont know if it has been already shown in form of a feature film. Please read the idea and guide me if any movie has been made on this simple idea.
By the way i have one more idea. I am pitching you the idea.

Jim is a boy who has recently turned 16. He plans his life's first sex with his first ever girl friend "Tina". On saturday night Jim's Parents had to go to next town for a trip and had to return next morning. Jim decided to call "Tina" on that night. But That night had everything plannnd for him which he hadnt though of. Arrival of some interesting charachters ruined his plan.

Please tell me if any film has this type of idea.

Regards

Last edited:
ad2487:
What I meant was that the more original the plot is the more people will get interessted in reading the script and after that maybe paying for it. Sometimes even simple treatments get bought and the script written by someone the producer trusts.
By having the "problem" with the not so original basement of the plot, many people (specially those who might have the possibility to make it a film) will not even read the script. Such Producers don´t waste their time searching the internet. You more or less only have the change to get into contact by coinsidence. So its a viral thing. The more usual filmrelated people read your treatment and are amazed the more likly it is that it gets known by a producer.
But you still have the copyright problem. I would never put a script online without a bulletproof copyright. How to get that, I don´t know at the moment.

That guy looking for a 10k script is still around as it seems. So lets start a treatment first. I´am nearly done with a first version, based on that condom thing. After I finished it and checked the copyright I will send it to your hotmail account. Than we have a skype conference or simular to talk about the details and off it goes. While we get feedback we can than write the script itself. (I hope you are good in english as I am not. Specially if it comes to writing down what my brain thinks grammer and spelling is nearly nonexisting.)

When the treatment is ready I also might spread it thrue my swiss contacts for further input and the possibility to get a producer etc.

CU

I have again contacted him and i think he is still looking for the script but i think if we can really make out a script which can be finished under 10k$ why shouldnt we try first to make it ourself ? I mean lets try to first raise finance ourself and if we get successful we can try the movie ourself

[Am i getting greedy ? :D]

Jim is a boy who has recently turned 16. He plans his life's first sex with his first ever girl friend "Tina". On saturday night Jim's Parents had to go to next town for a trip and had to return next morning. Jim decided to call "Tina" on that night. But That night had everything plannnd for him which he hadnt though of. Arrival of some interesting charachters ruined his plan.

Please tell me if any film has this type of idea.

Regards

This idea pertty much is in every hollywood, teen flick. In other words it sucks. But if you take the sex part out, make Jim and Tina older, have Tina be Jims first love, give the kids a group of friends, have one of the friends hold a gruge agianst another friend, add a few real life situations, and some murder and you have a blockbuster.:):)

Back