• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My first short film - Paranormal

Nice Lukas nice. A got a chill up my spine. Sure there are a few technical issues especially with the audio but if this is your first short film then applause from me.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Hey thank you Michael! Yeah I know about the audio, I used normal RODE Video Mic which was attached directly to my canon 60D camera so I couldn't really hear while I was filming but just at the post production.

but thanks again! :)

Hey thank you Michael! Yeah I know about the audio, I used normal RODE Video Mic which was attached directly to my canon 60D camera so I couldn't really hear while I was filming but just at the post production.

but thanks again!

Nice idea! It was a bit too predictable though.
In the very beginning, cutting through the faces in the car so many times, was too much. No need for that. Just one time for each face would have been enough.
I assume you play the son. Even though you have a lot of carizma, next time you'd better use an actor.
I really enjoyed it! Keep on doing it!

I thought it was a very good short film. As noted there were some sound issues and I agree with the poster above that is was a little predictable, the title coupled with the opening scene made me suspect the end before the last scene. But overall thought it was well done.

Last edited:
You really should learn to use the spoiler tags..^

edit; just saw the film. good stuff TC. i got a shiver near the end.

Last edited:
Uh yeah thanks guy... Maybe I shouldnt use the "crash" scene at the beggining, you're all right it spoiled a bit... I think I should have used it at the end... uh well... next time I'll know :D

This was really good, as said before it was predictable, but it genuinely freaked me out at times. The music/shots at the end were chilling. Really REALLY good for a first.

Good work. It actually didn't go where I expected it to go. The first thing I thought when he awoke was that he was dreaming the future and would actually cause the crash or some such. That said, I felt like there were a lot of loose ends that never really got tied up. The main one being, why did they become ghosts (so-to-speak)? Also, the way you did the credits in the beginning and the end was a little strange. Often times names would extend off-screen and would be hard to read. I think they were a bit too flashy. Often times a simple title card is way better :)

And, after seeing your name for the gagillionth time I started thinking "I know whose name will be next!" I'm sure some people on here will disagree with this, but since I also do just about everything on my films, I usually say "A film by Tommy Kraft" and leave it at that. Then, in the YouTube description I might give more detailed credits. Just my take on that.

The biggest thing for me was the acting. Especially in the scene with the father, it felt like a lot of the lines were just being read off the page. Also, I don't know if it was the accents or the audio (or both) but I had a hard time understanding a lot of the dialogue. It could just be me since I'm TERRIBLE with accents. Anywho, overall for a first film, great work. Can't wait to see where you go from here :)

As it's your first short film, the problems with the script and acting are to be expected. Good acting is a very hard thing to do on a low budget, as I've mentioned countless times before to others, so don't worry too much about getting it spot on for your first couple of films.

The main idea from the first few films you shoot is to get a grasp of what works and what doesn't. Certain choices when it comes to shots, for example, and continuity between them all through both the visual and auditory elements of the film.

As the others have mentioned, audio is a problem. Throughout there were volume problems, sure, but you'll learn to avoid them as time goes on. What I would like to point out though is that when you have one scene, whether it's based directly before another or after, is still an individual scene, so try and keep everything continuous within it. I'm not sure I explained that properly... The main example I'm looking at is the scene where he's tying his hair up and in the bathroom. I'm assuming you're working with one camera, but the problem I'm noticing is that between the shots the sound changes. What you'll want to do instead is record yourself doing those actions, including getting the sound, and then rerecord the scene from the different angles, not worrying so much about the audio that time other than keeping in sync with your last shot. Working with a single microphone makes this difficult, but basically what recording the audio all in one go does is it keeps the audience connected to the scene even when the shots change, and that's a very, very important thing that people tend to overlook.

Best of luck to your future projects!

Back