my first post - What is best place to uplaod your film for sale - need help ASAP

Hi,

This is my first post and I could really use your help.

What is the quickest safest site to upload your feature film.

Want a place that will allow me to upload my film today, take a commision and allow me to sell it.

Itunes - as everyone knows has a long process.
Filmrocket only really works for PC users. Mac users generally have a big problem.
PayLoads - too easy to have your film copied there
Amazon-Without a Box - takes weeks to get your film up there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I think Itunes and Amazon are the only ones remotely safe. Even if it's on Hulu or Netflix watch instant, people can copy it. And everywhere else is a joke as far as someone downloading it.

So I think you need to either be patient and get it up on Itunes and/or Amazon, or else don't put it on the internet at all. The internet is not a safe place for your film :no: But if you can accept that, you have the potential for a larger audience...

My suggestion is don't be greedy and limit yourself to only those that will make you money because in the long haul that will just hurt you. I say you put your movie on a torrent site that does creator owned things only. That way you get your movie out to a lot more people.

FlickRocket uses copy protection that the hackers have not figured out how to beat. I believe it's ProtectDisc copy protection. Don't expect much of any sales through that site though, even if you set up a link to it from your home site. Selling hard copy DVD's is the way to go, via your home site and Amazon.

I recently was contacted by an IPTV company to distribute my movie, but I am unsure as to how safe and reliable that is. They claimed I would still have ownership and be able to distribute elsewhere with the company garnering 50% of whatever profits from the amount of views. I looked into the agreement and was confused by the jargon, my interpretation seems different from what they were telling me. I mean you could look through IPTV companies and maybe you'll find something better, but if anyone has any suggestions or input I'd love to hear it.

Back