• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My First Music Video

If you would be so kind. Please watch and give me your feedback. This site is full of smart people with vast amounts of knowledge and who aren't afraid of telling it straight. Let's not disappoint now indietalk ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5rQ3FwG9c

If you would be so kind. Please watch and give me your feedback. This site is full of smart people with vast amounts of knowledge and who aren't afraid of telling it straight. Let's not disappoint now indietalk ;)

I personally like the video and feel you shot it very well. I must say you captured the insanity of the singer with the opening scenes. And the music was awesome love the mixture of rock and horror elements.

well... this is an incredibly shot video and color graded well, i felt it could use some shots without the singer in it.

having said that, the song itself is awesome and i must now check out this artist

I like this, even though the song's quite campy at times. (Listening to an album of his right now :lol:)

Were parts of that greenscreened or composited in, btw? (Not the ending part)

1:04, for example... that gate is superimposed? Or do you just happen to have awesome derelict building like that?

1:30, as another, where the background's a bit off... maybe?

Overall, that's a pretty good vid. :cool:

Thanks everyone so much for your comments and compliments! They are much appreciated.

@jils johny: Is it that you know me and know I could do better or are you speaking in the grand, open-ended sense of the word?

@Zenssteve: The only greenscreen done was for the end portion. We shot all of the location footage at a place called Fort Warden in Port Townsend WA. It is an old WWII Coastal Artillery post so there was a lot of concrete and old steel to play with. (It's the same place that An Officer and A Gentleman was filmed, just up in the bunkers and not in the barracks.)

So I was looking at the stats for the video being viewed on this site which are in sharp contrast to the stats of the number of views this thread has gotten. What gives?

Are people coming to the thread and not watching the video? Or are they clicking the youtube link and watching it on the main site?

Had to watch it without sound since I'm at work. Seems well edited, though I can't really be sure since, again, no sound.

I like the cinematography of the desaturated shots. Those were really great and had a nice feel. I'm not really a fan of when you brought in the color shots, for the first couple, it just makes them look plain and takes the art out of it. And in general, I don't like the super-saturated look, though that's just my opinion, it's obviously an artistic choice and up to you.

What I would do is keep it all desaturated but do some color isolation. For example I think the shot of him with the candles in a circle around him could have the same color grade at the first shots of him indoors, but with the yellow light from the candles isolated and brought out.

The demons at the end are kind of cheesy, imo. But they do fit the theme of the song, so yeah.

Anyway, nice job overall :)

I think the shadows are awesome! :p

So when watching this video I could "feel" that something was off. I just couldn't put my finger on what needed to be changed and didn't really have the time or the drive to start randomly changing things until I found it. I think this is the disadvantage and danger of doing it all yourself.

I think you hit it right on the head. I believe I'll grade like you recommended and see how it looks. Who knows, maybe there's a re-release in store!

Thanks for the comments, you truly helped out!

Pat

Back