• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

logline My first logline. Does this story sound interesting?

Agent (working title)
Genre: Afrofuturism, sci-fi, cyberpunk

When an undercover alt-right terroristic group of cybernetically-enhanced crew members plot to destroy their own interstellar cargo ship, a young dorky computer techie fights them with more than his computing skills to save a secret, precious cargo.

Any input would be appreciated 😅

I don't like "stave off" but I don't know if he "battles" them

Thwarts! :secret:

Because you've told us that he fights them with more than his computing skills the verb in that position would be critical for me. You've said that the other crew members are cyber-enhanced, so if I read "stave off" - or "thwart" - I'd be expecting a computer nerd to use his skills to handicap the muntineers in some kind of creative and/or unorthodox way, and that's a movie I'd want to watch. If you say that a dork "battles" them, I'd be thinking it was a wimpy David versus super-techno Goliath story, probably with lots of unrealistic paramilitary scenes and I'd give it a miss.

Thwarts! :secret:

Because you've told us that he fights them with more than his computing skills the verb in that position would be critical for me. You've said that the other crew members are cyber-enhanced, so if I read "stave off" - or "thwart" - I'd be expecting a computer nerd to use his skills to handicap the muntineers in some kind of creative and/or unorthodox way, and that's a movie I'd want to watch. If you say that a dork "battles" them, I'd be thinking it was a wimpy David versus super-techno Goliath story, probably with lots of unrealistic paramilitary scenes and I'd give it a miss.
Thwarts! That’s a PERFECT word for this because “fights” didn’t ever sit well with me. And not to worry, the unrealistic paramilitary stuff wasn’t on the idea board for this story 😅

Back