• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My First Commercial

Who wants to see my first commercial? Pretty good for a high schooler, or nah?

Filmed on a Canon T3i

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyF7tx6VP3U

Not bad...

Invest in a better tripod head... Sachtler preferrably, although Manfrotto's aren't bad. Your pans weren't as smooth as I'm used to.

What was your shutter speed? For film, it should be either 50 - 60. Not sure if that's the culprit, but your footage seemed choppy, especially when you panned.

If you're not at 50 - 60 for your shutter speed, because your image is washed out, then invest in a variable ND-filter, so you can reduce all colors on the light spectrum evenly to a level which will allow you to continue to shoot at 50 - 60 shutter speed.

For a highschooler, yes, this is an excellent commercial. Your lighting is decent, and you used your resources well. Even your audio is better than some of the crap out there. Ie. the 17 year old kid's movie we were just discussing on another thread.

Who wants to see my first commercial? Pretty good for a high schooler, or nah?

Filmed on a Canon T3i

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyF7tx6VP3U

Not bad...

Invest in a better tripod head... Sachtler preferrably, although Manfrotto's aren't bad. Your pans weren't as smooth as I'm used to.

What was your shutter speed? For film, it should be either 50 - 60. Not sure if that's the culprit, but your footage seemed choppy, especially when you panned.

If you're not at 50 - 60 for your shutter speed, because your image is washed out, then invest in a variable ND-filter, so you can reduce all colors on the light spectrum evenly to a level which will allow you to continue to shoot at 50 - 60 shutter speed and retain a bit of your depth of field too.

For a highschooler, yes, this is an excellent commercial. Your lighting is decent, and you used your resources well. Even your audio is better than some of the crap out there. Ie. the 17 year old kid's movie we were just discussing on another thread.

Back