My first 3D Anaglyph....Tutorial/2d to 3d

Hi, I've learned you can actually create a 3D photo with a 2D picture.

It's pretty hard to do in color, but a greyscale photo is fairly easy.

You will of course need a pair of 3D Glasses. Right=cyan, left=red.

basically this is what you do. create a greyscale photo (I used simple geometry in 3D Studio Max) of any photo. Try and look for a photo with people behind an object or another person. Their shadows will help with depth.

Now, In Paint shop Pro or Photoshop, you take the same picture and change the color to red. Thats red=255, green=0, blue=0.

Now, take the orriginal photo again and change it to cyan (blue green). The settings are Red=0, Blue=255, Green=255.

You might have to change the cyan just a bit. You know you got it pretty good when you look through the red lens and the cyan photo is pitch black or close to it. and the same if you look in the blue lens and the red is pitch black. (The red tends to be more black then the blue).

Now comes the tricky part. Dont worry if you get it backwards because once you're done you can mirror the phot to work red/blue or blue/red (however you glasses are set up. Most left lens are red, Blue is right lens).

With your orriginal Greyscale photo (black and white), You open the red photo as well, copy the red photo and paste it over the grey photo as a second layer. Now in the properties of the red photo (layer2) you change the normal setting to "Screen". Do not reduce opacity in this layer. It does it naturally by setting it to "screen" (kind of an alpha channel setting)

Now adjust it just slightly to the left. More then likely you wont get it right on your first try. may take you several attempts to do it over and over again.

now that your red section is offset to the left, Open your blue (cyan) photo up, copy it and layer that on top of the other 2 layers in the orriginal photo. With cyan, you dont change it to "Screen" but rather you reduce the opacity to 50%. and move this about the same distance only to the right so both colors sort of show up on both sides of the photo.

save it.

Not, You more then likely wont get it right on the first try. It took me 5 attempts and its not perfect but it has depth with the glasses. I put a little logo of "trog" on it (my newer screen name) and since its 2D it add alot more depth. If you have a photo with a person standing in the middle in the front of the picture, try and etch him out on a 4th layer and dont add either color to him. His 2D image really helps with a 3D effect.

Here is my photo...

t3d.jpg

here is a tutorial I got this information from.

http://www.scec.org/geowall/makeanaglyph.html

their 3D photo.

anaglyph10.jpg
:cool:

Last edited:
Pretty cool man... I used to make 3D websites and give away the 3D glasses for free. But we used original graphics and shoadows of red or Blue. Like Red had a blue shadow, Blue had a red shadow.

It was trippy... made to just stare at and, well, trip out.

CootDog said:
Pretty cool man... I used to make 3D websites and give away the 3D glasses for free. But we used original graphics and shoadows of red or Blue. Like Red had a blue shadow, Blue had a red shadow.

It was trippy... made to just stare at and, well, trip out.

Thats pretty cool, CD.

What software did you use? I want to find a free software that will actually do this for you. The process of doing it in 3DS max then converting it over to painshop is a bitch. Very time consuming.

PS.. what the hell was

Film Info

Looked like he was trying to spam this site.

King Goldfish said:
Thats pretty cool, CD.

What software did you use? I want to find a free software that will actually do this for you. The process of doing it in 3DS max then converting it over to painshop is a bitch. Very time consuming.

We did all of out graphics in Photoshop. Also had Kai's power tools in there as well to make trippy stuff.

PS.. what the hell was

Film Info

Looked like he was trying to spam this site.

What you talk'n about Willis?:huh:

CootDog said:
We did all of out graphics in Photoshop. Also had Kai's power tools in there as well to make trippy stuff.

What you talk'n about Willis?:huh:

Its firefox. It made a banner look like a user. It's really weird. sorry. Anyways, yeah, I tried some kai's plugins before. I had an older version of Photochop. Maybe one day I'll save up and get v10 or 11 or whatever version is out now.

lol

Back