My feature is now available on IndieFlix!

Congrats on getting on there. I mailed a copy of my movie to indieflix also. I was wondering how you went to getting through.

Did you sit and wait for their reply after mailing your copy, make e-mails to them, or any other hoops you had to jump through?

Thanks! Good Luck with your film.

No hoops to jump through, I just waited and got an email saying I was successful. Took one month to get their reply, but I would think the holidays would slow things up a couple of weeks at least. I submitted through Withoutabox, but mailed a .mov file on a DVD as the viewer.

Good luck!

Win

I did try Distrify very briefly, took out some facebook ads, but was a bit discouraged by my results. I'm not casting aspersions on Distrify, I think it's a great platform, and for the right film, you could really get a lot of traffic and make a hefty profit. By the right kind of film I'm thinking a real niche subject that's under represented, but with a lot of online presence.

My film, a romantic comedy with no name actors (Hugh Grant and Cameron Diaz wouldn't return my calls :)
and no theatrical release and all the publicity that goes along with that, is better suited to a free streaming website that has an occasional commercial, with profits being split between filmmaker and web host.

The great thing about IndieFlix is not only are they a film platform, but they distribute to third parties. They'll be submitting my film to Hulu and possibly other venues, so fingers crossed!l

Back