• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Cinematography Reel

Hey peeps! I recently finished my cinematography reel. I'm mostly a director but I think this reel will help me get the paying jobs (weddings, event coverage, parties etc.).

Thoughts? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nfyMpSLncM

Looks good. I would suggest for future reels to not use popular songs. It may turn folks off that you are using already positive feeling well-known music to empower your work.

Looks like good work though. Nice use of slider shots and exposure, depth of field. Hope it gets you some gigs!

if i may jump in, what i saw from my perspective was this:

1: this is a showreel for someone who can hold a camera
2: lack of artistic quality although slight glimmer once or twice

thats what i got out of it..

So, your reel doesn't really show any parties/events/weddings - so I'm not sure what you're hoping to get out of it (you mention these things, but have none on your reel..?)

It's about on par with most DSLR shooter reels I've seen. Some decent stuff in there, if you're looking for more narrative work, I'd be putting more INTs and night shots with some nice lighting. Also camera movement is always good, not just handheld

I'd lose the shots of the "just for fun" productions... the running through the hallways and the other stuff that was probably really fun to shoot, but doesn't really "Pop."

The pair of dialog shots about 2/3 of the way trough is really shaky, try stabilizing them - they may work in the production, but really stand out as shaky in and among all the other smoother/static shots.

Grading some of it (and in the case of the cereal/milk shots, color correcting it) may punch up the impact as well... lots of good shots in there.

Thanks you guys! I appreciate the comments. Like I said, I'm not really a "cinematographer" but mostly a director.

I'm just doing this to show "potential clients" what I can do for them when if they are ever in need of some video production work. And jax, unfortunately I haven't done any wedding stuff before, only narratives. But I think this reel would show that I do know how to use the camera fairly well to be a 2nd/3rd shooter on the team if not the main one.

Back