• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

my BEST slow motion edit I have EVER made! :D

I have FINALLY done slow motion video... I tried 3 times before, I failed!

This is filmed on Canon 60D 60fps, 2000s, 2.8f, I forgot ISO lol

Any good? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPhVrAQSLfk

It is bit blurry because it was very bright outdoors and I couldn't see it properly and the guy suddenly passed me by on his skateboard

Very nice.

For these things it's all about figuring out the process from conception to execution for me.
Congratulations.

I've been tinkering around with speeding up subjects.
Next I wanna try slowing things down.
Then I wanna edit a fast mo --> slow mo --> fast mo piece.
Haven't had the time lately, but might in the next few weeks.

what do you mean "interlaced"? I know what that means but dont know what you mean? If you know what I mean lol :cool:

:lol:

There's some really heavy "ghosting" in the beginning of the film, and that can have the look of interlaced.

To answer your question, "interlaced" is how video used to be shot, back in the old-timey days. The entire screen was never shown all at once. Instead, you could only see every other line, one frame at a time.

I'm not sure which ones, but I believe a lot of modern prosumer camcorders are still shooting at 60i, instead of 30p (progressive, meaning every line is shown, every frame). I don't know if this is what happened with you, but I can imagine that it could result in some funky effects with slo-mo (although, the only thing I noticed in your vid happened during the non-slo-mo). :huh:

Trust me! Me and technology do not go together! I just improvised and tested my skills - I am an unemployed """actor""" who sometimes (atm most of the times) is behind the camera (I own all the needed equipment) but technical stuff are not my cup of tea.. I am just improvising each time I film... For some reason this slow motion worked... How?... Maybe luck lol and I still dont understand what I am doing... I just press record and then edit and press render... :P

Last edited:
Back