• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Acting showreels

I've looked at quite a few reels in the past months. There have been discussions here on what casting directors and agents look for. The general consensus is the following -

Keep it simple. Show off your talent and nothing else.

The music in these take away from everything. The lengths are KILLER. Even if I liked the songs I still wouldn't make it through the entire thing.

As a quick example in the Linkin Park (ew alone): What does the first minute show of your talent? The first thing that shows anything for more then a split second is when you're ripping the photos off the line.

A reel should be no more then 2 minutes, and show as varied amount of characterizations as possible.

Think of it this way: If someone is searching for an actor, they don't have 5 minutes to watch a single video. They want to see TALENT from the get go.

I once went into Island Records for a meeting with A&R. The guy listened to maybe 5 seconds of two songs, and about a minute or so of the third. He told me to bring him back a finished master of the third. I never did. But, what could he possibly hear in 5 seconds of the first two? It doesn't matter, because he was in charge.

2 minutes, simple, no extra music, no photos. That's what they want. Give it to them.

Thank you for your feedback, yup got several other people advising me that it was too long. Will edit something simpler in the future. Thanks again :)

Back