• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Music video

I've been taking pictures for ages (started approximately when I was 13 and today I'm 22) but I'm kind of new in filming. I've been on numerous (around 40) TV commercials/series and music videos in my home country and since when I started being around filmmakers I soon got hooked with the whole process. After being around 2-3 years and seeing how everything is done, how cinematographer works and how director works, everything that goes on BEHIND the camera became more interesting than being IN FRONT of the camera. I wanna try my skills out now, what I've learned so far by just concentrating and observing on what others have been doing around me
My friend, who is a artist, wants to start filming a video for his single and I told him that I'm in. Besides cameras and lenses (I already know what I need), I was wondering should I go with Glidecam or just with Shoulder mount? I personally think that I should go with shoulder mount because of many things, follow focus for example. But still, you here are probably more experienced in practice.

Back