• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music Video - need opinions..

Hey guys, this is the 2nd online final draft I have of this video I directed and shot, made some mistakes regarding lighting but wanted to know what you think?

I know its in another language (dont understand it myself) but want to know what you think of it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs7oQbI0HKc

The video will have to be taken down after a few days etc etc

thanks

Transition between the 2 walking shots around 1:00 seems a bit off as if the singer is too far back in the second shot. I think it is just a matter of a few frames, so I think you should try and play around with it a bit.
The shot at 3:53 is the second time you use that shot, right? (I just notice double shots, just like I notice patterns on the streets, lol :P )

Btw, there is only audio on the left channel.

Overall it looks pretty good, although I'm not sure what the song or the video is about. The red light suggests something related to a nightclub/hooker...?
The blue smoke is really a music video classic :)

You mention mistake with the lighting: I didn't see mistakes, so maybe you know because you had something else in mind, but I never thought: 'hey, they made a mistake'

Transition between the 2 walking shots around 1:00 seems a bit off as if the singer is too far back in the second shot. I think it is just a matter of a few frames, so I think you should try and play around with it a bit.
The shot at 3:53 is the second time you use that shot, right? (I just notice double shots, just like I notice patterns on the streets, lol :P )

Btw, there is only audio on the left channel.

Overall it looks pretty good, although I'm not sure what the song or the video is about. The red light suggests something related to a nightclub/hooker...?
The blue smoke is really a music video classic :)

You mention mistake with the lighting: I didn't see mistakes, so maybe you know because you had something else in mind, but I never thought: 'hey, they made a mistake'

Thanks, appreciate the feedback, I was expecting its crap blah blah which im able to take so this was good feedback, I will have to check the audio channels, I probably did something by mistake.

my issue with the blue background is that I lit his face orange and I should have left it natural, hes just slightly oompa loompaish..

yes same clip twice, this was one of the biggest problems we had, do we use a shot we didnt like and didnt fit or did we use the same clip and having looked at other videos we found some used the same shots and made a decision to do so the same.

Ah, you could only correct the orange. Blue and orange are pretty much opposites, so you can isolate the orange in the face and correct it a bit.
On the other hand: it's a music video AND the shot is not pretending to be somewhere in 'reality': it's more a stage setting: crazy lights are acceptable :P

Back