• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music Video for Competition

This is a music video I did for a competition, its the first "real" music video I have done (I've done a few for songs that' I've recorded, but they were quick and comedic). While we shot it and edited it fairly quickly (about two days for each), I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out, though as in most cases, I would do a few things differently looking back :P

http://genero.tv/watch-video/36717

I have to look at this from an audience perspective rather than a filmmaking perspective.

as a fan of m83, i didnt feel as if the story followed the song or captured its true meaning.
however the edit and the effects went really well with it, and as a video itself i thought it was good, the one thing i didnt like was the ending effect of the sunburst at 00:54 the continued discolouration of the scene made it feel a bit cheap in my opinion.

my rating

story: 4/10
footage: 6/10
overall 5.5

good job overall, keep at it.

also care to share what you shot it on etc..

Can you critique my video , https://vimeo.com/74348163 i did all the work :)

this was DOP.E!! <- double expression if you get it

I have nothing to say apart from i dislike videos where people stand to the camera, i prefer story lines with something going on.

but seriously I thought this was very artistic and had me interested at all times, if something was out of place i didnt care to notice it.

on an interesting note, it for some reason reminded me of the pink elephant scene in DUMBO. (which is my favourite part of the whole film)

how many vids have you shot before this one?

My rating:

story 3/10 <- a story would have added more to it for me (personal preference)
video 8/10
overall i would say 7/10

again what did you shoot it on?

I am also a big M83 fan. The instructions were to use your own interpretation of the lyrics to come up with a video, so that's what I did. I don't think anyone specifically knows what he is talking about, other than he himself (or anyone he has shared this with). But from what I gathered, he thought things were going well, and then at the end it would seem that things were not what he thought at all, and that he was almost fooled in a way. "They say I made the moon, everything was in the dark...Suddenly, a voice told me keep on singing little boy...And I couldn't stop crying, something was missing
I realized I was in love with a voice, I called it, again and again
But all I heard was the echo in the light"

So I took that and fashioned a story out of it with a similar meaning to me.

Anyway! Shot with a GH2, 14-42 kit lens, canon FD 50mm f/1.8, canon FD 28mm f/2.8

Back