• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Music video "Broken Skies" by The Mondrians

Hey everyone!

If you want to take a look, here is a music video i shot recently. It's almost only natural light. The director and me wanted to give it a "Palo Alto" look with golden hour light and summer nights. There is a lot of different locations so different type of mood.

This was shot in HD on the FS7 and graded on Resolve.

https://vimeo.com/140780175

I would be really happy if someone would tell me what they think of the cinematography.

Cheers!

Firstly, congrats on completing, especially considering the noise coming out of the singer's mouth. And the FS7 is a very good camera.

Personally, I thought the cinematography portrayed blandness in a way that was, well, bland. If that was your intention, then great. Music videos are always collaborative so I wonder how much was your input and how much was the artist's idea.

Cinematography was OK. Nothing special. A bit of sunlight flashing through in the background while on the move etc... Standard stuff with framing that was standard.

Don't know what you want people to say really, nothing spectacular, nothing amazing just bog standard shots, i paused at 1:59 thinking the video must have had only another 20 seconds but to my despair it bad even more to go.. Iv seen better stuff shot on a 600d with no budget, maybe it's not your fault but the directors vision was boring, I'd rather watch clips of a cat shot on an fs7 than this... And I hate cats

It's interesting to have reviews. To sum things up, yes the vision of the director was to have a "boring render" like the characters (they are boring).

I know it's not a masterpiece, but it's always good to have reviews from people from the industry. Thank you.

If the concept was portraying the boring life...
Well, it took me a while to get it was about a midlife crisis, a man yearning for the adventurous times in his youth.
You really put a lot of effort to tell the story, but what bugs me is how the edit doesn't seem to connect to the music at all, as if the cuts are made at arbitrary moments (related to the music).

I don't think the shots are as bad as film_autre seems to think. They may not be very spectacular, but they are adequate and colors look pretty good.

However, I do think the boredom could be shown in a more dramatic way. A greater junxtaposition with the fun part.

If the concept was portraying the boring life...
Well, it took me a while to get it was about a midlife crisis, a man yearning for the adventurous times in his youth.
You really put a lot of effort to tell the story, but what bugs me is how the edit doesn't seem to connect to the music at all, as if the cuts are made at arbitrary moments (related to the music).

I don't think the shots are as bad as film_autre seems to think. They may not be very spectacular, but they are adequate and colors look pretty good.

However, I do think the boredom could be shown in a more dramatic way. A greater junxtaposition with the fun part.

sorry let me clarify, the use of the FS7 and what went on in the scenes to me was wasteful and boring and I meant to say that I have seen things shot on a 600D that was more interesting, I dont have any issues with his camerawork just what went on in the frame.

Back