• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Music for Films and Documentaries

Ciao, Maestro!

Very New-Agey kind of stuff. I like it!

I liked especially the heroic "Riding" track. I could see it used for "Robin Hood."

Too bad they missed out...

-Charles.

Ciao, Maestro!

I liked especially the heroic "Riding" track. I could see it used for "Robin Hood."

-Charles.

Ciao Charles! ;)

Thank you very much for your words and your kindness, but I'm not a Maestro. I'm a craftsman of musical stuff. :)

About "Riding", I'm happy you thought of "Robin Hood", because when I composed it, I had just something similar in my mind.

Don't forget that I need help, suggestions and advice, because I'm new in this field, so criticism and negative opinions are accepted too. The viewpoint of you all Filmmakers are very important to me.
I hope to be able to correct any mistakes I do in my music thanks to you all.

Thank you again! :)

Luigi

Ciao, Maestro!

-Charles.

Hey Charles,

that's incredible!!!!
You wrote "Too bad they missed out..." for joke.
I've discovered that they have copied a piece of my "Riding", just five notes!!! :)
Obviously I'm joking, they are totally different.
In "Robin Hood" theme songs the notes are G3 C4 G3 C4 G4 (or an octave down).
In "Riding" they are C3 D#3 C3 D#3 G#3. In addition the intervals are different.
But they seems really similar. Sometimes music is misleading...

I noticed also that both the parts are similar to "The Ride of the Valkyries" by Wagner.
It's really true what Ennio Morricone said during an interview:
harmonic and melodic combinations are next to the end.
Bad times for musicians! ;)

Have a nice Sunday!

Luigi

Back