Music Creator

I am looking for a nice high end music/beat creator. Cost is really not an issue, I was just looking for something to create some tunes that goes with my flick. Ease of use would be paramount, I don't like spending weeks learning a new program every time I have a new idea.

Anyone have any suggestions?

RecordaholicLBC said:
hey i can make beats and music.. can i help you out in any way?

You could, but I want to try to score the movie in-house. Where do you live and what program do you use? Can you incorporate guitar, wind and bras insruments into your beats?

:)

before i score anything. i need a genre that im going to score it for... i can use brass and wind virtual instruments and samples which are these days almost better than having the instrument on hand. But yes i do have the ability and instruments such as electric/acoustic guitars, piano's, synthesizers, sequence beat making programs. A movie clip would also help influence this music, but i understand if you havent started the movie yet.

i would love to make a song for you.. let me know some of the information and i will put together an example for you... kool thanks

wattersk,

I use Anvil Studios (free, http://www.anvilstudio.com/) to make midis, then usually import them into piano roll tracks in Fruity Loops. I'm a beginner at FL so my synths aren't the best sounding, but I'm willing to make music for you as well. As RecordaholicLBC said, a genre/motivation would be needed for inspiration, and a video clip could help if available. If you want examples of my work, here's links to a movie I made (bear in mind shooting was one day, and editing and scoring was one day, for a total of 2 days, so nothing's great, plus I used the cam's onboard mic [frown]). All the music is original and made with Fruity Loops with the exception of the piano pieces in the lounge scenes and a remix of a video game theme song.

HIGH QUALITY, Divx, 85 meg

http://www.random-precision.org/storage/files/day_of_oustage.avi

MED QUALITY, WMV, 36 meg

http://files.filefront.com/day_of_oustagewmv/;4129084;;/fileinfo.html

If you've got a little music creation experience and you're looking for the current hot tickets for computer generated music the two programs you really need to look at are Reason and Abelton Live.

Reason is an incredible loop generator, but the learning curve is henious. I mean brutal. I've been using it for four years and I still only understand about ten percent of it. It is however a massively powerful piece of kit and has incredbly cool synths buit in. There is very little you can't do with it, providing you put the time in to it. (It also helps if you've patched up countless real world recording studios, because the softaware simulates the units you've find there, right down to the cabling.

Abelton Live is the best, most intuitive piece of music software I've ever seen and the built in tutorials are an absolute dream. A friend gave me five minutes of introduction and I was producing very cool music two minutes later, all in a completely professional environment.

Now, to be fair I've a lot of recording studio experience and I've used audio sequencing software for years, so I wasn't exactly a novice. However, I'd still recommend it to anyone.

The two pieces of kit together should allow a reasonably creative person to produce almost anything they can imagine and quite a lot of things they can't.

However, if you're not looking to get into the hard stuff, you might want to combine Fruity Loops with Abelton Live, which I think would be a great place to start.

I am looking for a nice high end music/beat creator. Cost is really not an issue, I was just looking for something to create some tunes that goes with my flick. Ease of use would be paramount, I don't like spending weeks learning a new program every time I have a new idea.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Take a look at the Musical Palette - Melody Composing Tool. http://www.palette-mct.com. This is very useful program. There is very simple and intuitive interface.

musical_palette_2.png

Back