• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Moroi - Trailer (my first short movie) Feedback?

My first short movie "Moroi" was shot in March 2008 in Germany within 5 Days with a XL2 and a 35mm adapter. I never produced or directed anything before and i spent quite a lot of my own money for this project - which was a dream come true.

The first trailer, made from the rough material (so no color correction etc) is now on Youtube: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=ebVzxSK3Qls

It´s a kind of a mystery thriller with a runtime of 11 minutes over all.

Cheers,

Stefan

This seems very atmospheric. I love your minimalistic approach to sound in the trailer, most people go for something much more cliched, like the theme from Requiem for a Dream, but you kept it simple which I admire.

I can't say much else really, as I realise this is only raw footage, and not much else, but so far it looks good, and I look forward to seeing the finished product :)

Heh, I had to look up what Moroi was.
smiley_ghost.gif

Your footage looks great. I, too, liked the minimalist approach to the trailer. Lots of potential.

However, there's no context or content. The trailer's almost 90 seconds long, and all I got from it (story-wise) is that it's cold weather and a car won't start.

I assume the 11 minute film includes credit time - your trailer uses over 10% of your cut, and I still have no idea what it's about. I'd suggest cutting a much shorter 30 second trailer, and to really focus on what the film encapsules.

It looks like you've tried to heighten the suspense of the film by not showing anything, in the trailer, that could be considered the actual story (or a spolier).

That's just my opinion. :hmm:

But as far as actual footage? Yah. Lots of great-looking shots and the lighting is very moody. Looks good.

I'm sure the film itself is going to end up very well done. I'm just not sold on the trailer.

thanks for your feedback :)

The film is about 11 minutes without credits.

it´s about a man who thinks hit a child wiht his car. The child is vanished, his car won´t start and his mobile is not working. After walking around he finds a lonely car, doors wide open but no one is there. After a while he finds an empty wood house in the forest...and so on and so on ;)

Stefan

Back