Monopod Dolly Trick

Hey guys, I wanted to share a little trick to easily give your monopod some dolly type shots. I would consider this to be something for those to give a shot if they currently do not have a dolly or just want to add some variety to their shots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFxGeAsGEa8

A few days ago, we shot a scene in our web-series that required a dolly, so we used a little tyke's toy car, which worked amazing over an even surface.

A few days ago, we shot a scene in our web-series that required a dolly, so we used a little tyke's toy car, which worked amazing over an even surface.

That sounds pretty awesome! Haha, were you pedaling and shooting at the same time, or was it an electric type? I have used the seat of a bicycle before and it did the trick.

I'll need to try that out sometime. I imagine if you bunched your tripods legs together pretty tight then you could achieve a near exact same effect if it fits into the roller blade?

That sounds pretty awesome! Haha, were you pedaling and shooting at the same time, or was it an electric type? I have used the seat of a bicycle before and it did the trick.

It didn't need pedaling. An adult could just roll it at ease... I honestly am thinking about using it again, because it was so light, and so fluid.

Back