• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

color-grading Modifying after Color Grade?

Peace to all!

I've sent out my film (including raw media) to be color graded, and I'm wondering if, and to what degree, I will be able to tweak the results when it comes back graded. I guess that will depend on various factors, but I'd like to hear other editor's/filmmakers'/colorist's experiences with that. I'm mostly concerned about the light factors (shadows, highlights, exposure, etc). Thanks!

Meh, I'm always "fixing" things after as well. Sometimes with home improvement, sometimes with logos, etc.

I guess that will depend on various factors
Yes like are you skilled enough to edit it?
Have you paid for a certain amount of time or number of changes?
Are you worried you may sign off on it and spot something later? Or a test audience may not approve?
The question we have is why not not let the pro complete the job. But you may have your reasons. Which is why we need to know more.

Thank you. Naturally I’m trying to guide the colorist (online) and I’ll try to get the desired results from him before finalizing the grade, but it’s not easy to zero in on the perfect look when you’re working online, seeing only the samples he sends, and often only hoping the requested changes will be made properly. Mara had a great way of doing it, for those who have the possibility to do it that way.

Last edited:
You didn't use Fiverr did you? 😂😂😂😂😂

Full disclosure: I used Fiverr for a kickass logo (I had to fix a little lol).

Back