• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Million Dollar Deal

It’s the 2nd of your video I have watched, I love how you get to the point. RE: video: I think the real numbers are lower still, there are a lot of ‘invisible’ costs on doing business.

It’s the 2nd of your video I have watched, I love how you get to the point. RE: video: I think the real numbers are lower still, there are a lot of ‘invisible’ costs on doing business.

Of course, if they were represented by a sales agent or producer's rep, then take 20% off the top too. There's always hidden costs here and there.

The point of the video stands; a million dollar deal doesn't mean you get a million dollars to spend. It's a fraction of that.

excellent video with some good points. I did a little fantasy film making off the back of this and I had to laugh. Here's what I came up with.

I make a film for £50k. cast & crew of 30 agree to work on low wages for 1% of any profits.

By an amazing stroke of luck I managed to negotiate a deal directly with a cinema chain and it took one million at the box office. RESULT!!

Then the dawn of realisation kicks in. I am an unknown, high risk entity in the film business so the cinema only agrees if I accept a 90/10 split in their favour. that knocks my £1m down to £100k.

Then everyone needs to get their % that knocks me down to 70k

the good 'ok tax man takes his share (rounded up to 40%) that leaves me with £42k...

and £8000 in debt.

the joys of living LOL

Actually, W_G you should use the other form of profit and only pay cast and crew out $15,000 and profit yourself $25,000 after taxes. Account your cost of making the films and you are left with $50,000 after the theater's take. Pay back the investor (which I assume is you in your example) before paying the crew.

Back