memory card half capacity

Hey guys, having a VERY frustrating problem here.
I have a 16gb sandisk extreme pro (class 10) SD card that I use with my 550d and 6d. I have found that on BOTH cameras, the memory card only fills up to about 8gb and then says card full. I paid for twice this amount of storage! What gives? I'm at the end of my rope and it seems like I'm the only person who's ever encountered this issue...ever.

Are you sure it hasn't been partitioned into two 8gb drives or something?

this is literally exactly what happened. I posted this thread out of anxiety because I had a presentation to shoot in 15 mins. Fortunately I formatted the card and it gave me all 16gb (even though my 550D decided to overheat in the last few minutes of the presentation, ugh). feeling a liiiiiiiittle stupid right now :P

this is literally exactly what happened. I posted this thread out of anxiety because I had a presentation to shoot in 15 mins. Fortunately I formatted the card and it gave me all 16gb (even though my 550D decided to overheat in the last few minutes of the presentation, ugh). feeling a liiiiiiiittle stupid right now :P

Glad you got it sorted. How did you accidentally or unknowingly manage to partition it in the first place though? :D

Back