• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

max again

hey, guys. Did anyone read my screenplay? Someone had difficulty receiving it, so hopefully everyone else got it. I'd appreciate some feed back even if your not finished just to see how it's going.

thanks

max70 said:
hey, guys. Did anyone read my screenplay? Someone had difficulty receiving it, so hopefully everyone else got it. I'd appreciate some feed back even if your not finished just to see how it's going.

thanks

vfilmic sent it to me. I thought it was really good, very "religious". I liked Juan, Marcus, and Ryan...very interesting characters. :)

Nick, thans for the feed back it was encouraging. i had someone else email me and said it was hard to put down once he started reading it. This is what i needed to hear to strive and make this a full feature digital film.

I noticed your profile your a student/filmmaker. Would you be interested in this project?

I haven't had time to finish, but when I started reading it I breezed through the first 3rd or so.. I was pretty good, as Nick mentioned, I have to agree, very religious, almost cult-like it seemed. But interesting. I jumped ahead a bit to get a feel for what happens later, and it seemed like everyone had kind of "broken their religious mold" so to speak. But I guess I'd have to finish reading to know exactly what is going on...

Seems to me you have done a decent job with character development, are they based on people you know or something?

Sorry I can't offer more input, but my life's been crazy busy as of late, hardly have time to sleep anymore, so I haven't gotten back to the screenplay.

max70 said:
Nick, thans for the feed back it was encouraging. i had someone else email me and said it was hard to put down once he started reading it. This is what i needed to hear to strive and make this a full feature digital film.

I noticed your profile your a student/filmmaker. Would you be interested in this project?

max...i would honestly love to help you out, but the only problem is my parents. They would never let me meet with someone from the interent. But i seriously wish i could be apart of it. Maybe i can talk them into letting me but, i highly doubt they would allow it. I appreciate you asking me to be apart of your project, thank you. :)

Will i know many of these characters, actually it's based on a true story. i appreciate your time.

Nick, i didn't know you were under 18, that's fine i wrote my first screenplay when i was 15.
i'm trying to get people to make this happen. about your parents, i understand their concern. as a matter of fact don't let them read my screenplay because then they would definetly keep you away from me.

thanks for understanding the situation i'm in. But, don't worry about my parents, they already read some of it and thought it was pretty good...as long as i don't get involved with people from the internet, like meeting them or doing anything other than talking to them, that's the only thing they worry about.

Nice, so your parents read it, well i'm glad they liked it, they read some of it, well after they finish reading the whole script, tell them i invited you to come to church with me. i'm getting great feed back. I was at work talking to my friend and told him, i strongly believe i have something great here a true story about life and real characters and we just talking movies.

When i wrote this i couldn't recall any movies i've seen like it. I thought this would be a good story to tell. I thought people needed to know this and would be impacted.

i'm off right now to the local university, wpu to find some students to try to get them involved with this project.

Better suited for church than for the screen

I could not read it at all. Seemed very slow and dull. Tried skimming ahead...same thing. Really tried reading it. A good dose of religion is required to get it.

Directorix, thanks for the feedback, i appreciate your time. Your the first guy who told me it was too boring to read. Oh, well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

My plans are too make it a film so I put minimal scences to make the filming inexpensive.
This is my first completed script i registered, i know we could always improve but when i saw some of the films out there, i said hey i could do this too.

I have to disagree with you in this, you don't need a dose of religion to get it. I believe a good story is universal, regardless what the subject is about.

I'm trying to take the readers/audience to the world of these characters, one in which many are not familiar with and have no idea what is happening around them. Usually, when i tell someone it's true they say it's crazy, but life is crazy.

Back