Mark Stroman Opinions?

I was wondering what everyone's opinions were on the story of Mark Stroman and Rais Bhuiyan. In retaliation for the events of 9/11 Stroman went on a shooting rampage, targeting individuals whom he perceived as Muslim or of Middle Eastern heritage. He killed two men before shooting Rais Bhuiyan, a Hindu from Bangladesh, in the face.

Stroman received the death penalty and for the past 10 years Bhuiyan has been fighting to get his sentence brought down to life in prison without the possibility of parole. Bhuiyan says his faith tells him to forgive this Stroman and try and save his life, in a since that only good deeds can turn evil into goodness.

10 years of fighting through the legal system by Bhuiyan wasn't enough to save Stroman's life and he was executed today.

"From the death chamber, Stroman asked for God's grace and said hate in the world had to stop.
"Even though I lay on this gurney, seconds away from my death, I am at total peace," he said. He later called himself "still a proud American, Texas loud, Texas proud."

I think that its interesting to read how an Aryan brotherhood member, filled with hate for the world, was turned around by the man he tried to kill. Would make a great moral for a film!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43830906

Back