• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch MAN'S BEST - Short Film

Hello Indies,

it's been a year since I logged on. I've been busy at my first year of university and spending a lot of time working on film craft.

In the middle of my second semester, I started working on a short film that was, for me, quite ambitious because of a relative limit in resources. I had no budget, and took on the roles of writer, director, editor and cinematographer.

After exactly 100 days (the most of it spent in pre-production), my final cut is ready and uploaded online. I just wanted to share my film with this particular community, and see what people think of it.

Thank you in advance, and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haUFUSZml8w

Last edited:
good job, mate. Like what you did most of the time with the Dutch and odd framing, although I would never clip someone's eyes when they are talking on shot - also the be aware when jumping the line that you know you're doing it and it's going to work, the very first conversation has a direct cut from one side of the line to the other and the eye-lines are very strange - they're both looking right to left which makes it look like they are not looking at each other.

Well done.

Dude, that was awesome. It's really strange, but I really like it. The unbalanced cinematography, and music were great. The voiceover, and the writing for the voiceover is perfect. It has this really strange feel that I really like a lot. Job well done.

:clap:

Thanks for watching and for the feedback!

@Ryan G
I debated over whether or not to keep that shot where his eyes are out of frame, and eventually decided to do so because no eye contact is the only way the girl could have tolerated that line. I understand that it bugs everyone on the filmmaking side though :P

@ChimpPhobiaFilms
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

Back