• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Major Breakthrough in Film Marketing

Hi guys,

So, apart from all the cool business stuff that happens at Cannes, the most important piece of news for indies is the upcoming launch of Movieset.

Basically, this is a site ONLY for feature films in pre-production or production... which, allows producers to upload trailers, photos, to blog and to show doco "behind the scenes, making of" footage on your project. And, ALL OF IT IS FREE

Cine fans can search for specific films, but at the same time do genre searches for unknown projects.

Now, the truth is the major players are going to use this site... so the fans will flock.

On top of this there are also a whole host of free production management tools in the pipeline.

I'm strapped for time at the moment... but for those of you who want to get the full picture, there is of course a sexy little article over at 1000dollarfilm.com

I think this is one of the most important developments in indie film marketing... EVER

In real terms, it's going to give us an opportunity to stand along side the majors and pitch our movies.... things are seriously about to swing in our favor.

movieset

i just signed up for movieset to promote my no-budget indie film "Play With Fire"

Now, apparently im waiting to hear back from one of Moviesets representatives to finish setting up my account... but it never told me that after i submitted all my info, it just went back to the submit screen and i thought that nothing happened.... do you know how long it takes for a rep to get back to you... is the site a lil sketchy still or is it pretty solid? it definately looks interesting and could potentally be very helpful in getting our film out there.

Thanks

mike babiarz

clive ui have a request. please in you mag ask your writers to write on topics like

indie film market in italy(and other countries)

and

foreign indie market in italy(and other countries)

we have talked a lot about indie films and the market.but it will be great if we come to know specifically about every country and its indie market for loclal indie movies and for foreign indie movies..........that will help the filmmakers to know more and more about different countries too...

was it a valid reason???

ADEEL AKHTER

Last edited:
Cine fans can search for specific films, but at the same time do genre searches for unknown projects.

genre searches for project......clive cn you explain thisa little??you mean we will be able to search movies in pipeline accroding to genre?

Hi Mike

I've got an email address for the CEO of movieset, I'll copy and paste your question over to her... see what reply we get.

Adsel... interesting idea, but I've been living here six months, don't speak the language that well and am only just starting to build industry contacts. I don't like to write about stuff unless I'm sure of my facts.

The other thing is, the only thing you can say about any territory (italy for example) are the trends in purchasing. Now, as a Pakistani film maker, you'd be likely to get good intelligence about the European market in Pakistan or in India... because those industries have experience of placing Pakistani product.

Now, my understanding is that a large part of the Pakistani overseas film market is made up of ex-pats... Pakistanis living in Europe, who want films from their own culture. So, the starting point for researching that is a simple demographic census report, which will tell you how large the Pakistani community is in any country.

I've seen some Pakistani's in Milan where I live, but not as many as I'd see in either London or Newcastle in the UK where there are huge ex-pat communities.

A genre search goes like this ... type "low budget slasher flick 2007" into google and see what pops up

Clive can i know what did you mean by

don't speak the language that well

well i think you have not understood what i meant. what i mean was like you are from italy so you know indie movies getting released in italy.either local or foreign. so you should tell us about italian indie market.fact and figures .trends.......same will be done by others like any filmmaker living in Hongkong, Canada etc.......

and thanks for telling me about

A genre search goes like this ... type "low budget slasher flick 2007" into google and see what pops up

i thought it is some other type of search

Adsel... I'm English, I live in Italy... I don't speak Italian that well. I have no idea about the Italian indie scene or the main releases.

OK clive but i think you can make link with italian and filmmakers of other countries...anyways that was a tip to increase the knowledge

Back