• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Madelline (2018) teaser trailer

Here is the teaser trailer for my upcoming film Madelline, starring Haley Bedocs. We just finished shooting a couple days ago, and I'm planning to release it Summer 2018.

Madelline is the story of a girl trying to deal with the daily struggles of depression and social anxiety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-YelrepwOY

Last edited:
Finally finished my first rough cut a few minutes ago. An hour and six minutes long, without any of the credits. Feels good to be this far on it. This next month, audio.

Anyone take a look at the trailer? Thoughts?

Congrats on finishing the rough cut :)

Nice mood in the trailer, yet for a trailer it lacks that little hook that makes you want to know how the story ends. It's is displaying a status quo, but no coflict, dilemma, change, etc.

(If only H44 could see this trailer. He might finally understand what a mood film is :P , but that is off topic )

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed the mood. Yeah, we were only partway through shooting, so I didn't want to reveal much about the story. Is just a teaser trailer, so mainly I just wanted to show the look and the mood. I also wanted to show that there are at least 2 different worlds that the film takes place in (there are 3 total, but I hadn't shot any of the last one by this point). I will, of course, be releasing a very different trailer when the premiere gets close, and I'll keep your thoughts in mind when putting that one together.

Anyone else give it a look?

I like it!
The music has a bit of a weird reverb/resonance, is it just me? Which track is it by the way? Very nice composition.
Good luck with the film!

It seems like there's a natural spot to fade the music & end around 1:03. I think you could've brought the titles in earlier along with any important shots & ended it there. Shorter teasers are just my preference, to hold my interest & then leave me wanting more.
Nice job though, congrats.

Well, I thought I would be spending around a month on audio work. I've just finished up month 3 and I've got plenty more to go. haha Oh well, I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out. I'm going to end up with much less music than I anticipated, as I think most scenes will work better without. My composer just got some some of the music and it's fitting in pretty well.

It's looking like it will clock in around 70 min. I shot it on a GH4, in case anyone wondered.

I also finally got the IMDB page up.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8505586/

I'm currently looking having the premiere around the middle of August. I'll be talking to the Venue on Monday, so I will hopefully have firm dates after that. I'm thinking about having 2 screenings. A Thursday and a Saturday, just in case of schedule conflicts, and because the venue isn't huge and I'm betting we will sell out the first showing.

nice teaser trailer @lewis886, hope all is going well with your post.

just out of curiosity, was the music score for the full film predominantly in the style of the trailer (ie, piano) or did it have scenes that required denser instrumentation (orchestral, electronic)?

Congratulations! Two screenings is always a good idea if you can swing it.

Are you planning to submit it to any festivals?

Thanks. I could probably get 10 screenings in this venue if I thought I could fill it up that many times, haha. Is a playhouse and summer is their off season. They might be doing set construction, but it doesn't matter, I can just close the curtain for the screening.

I'm hoping to submit to a bunch of festivals. Haven't even started looking at which ones yet. I'll try and figure that out once I have a film to submit. Might take a vacation first though. This film is basically just consuming my life. haha

nice teaser trailer @lewis886, hope all is going well with your post.

just out of curiosity, was the music score for the full film predominantly in the style of the trailer (ie, piano) or did it have scenes that required denser instrumentation (orchestral, electronic)?

Well, the music in the trailer wasn't by my composer, he didn't have anything to me yet (The teaser went up in Dec, we didn't finish shooting until Jan). But, the music pieces that he has gotten me so far have been piano pieces. He is talking about adding some strings to them. While I was out walking today it occurred to me that some places might be incredibly cool with a big pipe organ, which a friend of ours has. I'm not sure. I'm trying to leave it up to my composer as much as possible. I know there is one part that I will want multiple different kinds of instruments going on. It's kind of a crazy chaotic part and I'm curious to see what he does with it.

I would recut a new trailer. The reason is if I watch your trailer without you providing written context to preface it, I have no idea what it's about.

So my recommendation is to provide a trailer that delivers what you wrote in text. The trailer should be the context.

I would recut a new trailer. The reason is if I watch your trailer without you providing written context to preface it, I have no idea what it's about.

So my recommendation is to provide a trailer that delivers what you wrote in text. The trailer should be the context.

Yeah, that was just the teaser trailer. It was early in production and I just wanted to communicate the look and feel and that's it. I feel it worked for what I intended. I intend on making a "Release Trailer" that has dialogue and addresses the story more.

Back