Low Budget Cash For Clunkers

Hey,

I have an idea for a low budget chase, and I just wanted to see if any of you guys had any tips.

Situation: a college student is car shopping, he is looking for a moderately sporty car for about $4-$4,500. Unfortunately, cash for clunkers is going on at the same time, so many of the cars he is in the market for are being junked. He has tried several used car dealerships and craigslist, but all the cars he wants are either too expensive or being traded in. So he goes to a cash for clunker lot and tries to buy one of the still-running cars from them, but it is against policy to sell clunkers. So, the protagonist waits by the entrance of cash for clunkers, and hails someone with a car he wants (who was going to turn it in) and tries to buy it from the owner. A cash for clunker A-Hole comes over and (taking advantage of the protagonist's limited budget) offers more for the clunker than the protagonist could afford. The cash for clunker person tells the protagonist he'll call the police if he doesn't leave.

The protagonist looks around at the cars in the lot and sees one where the workers seize up one of the engines. Angered, the protagonist sneaks into the lot at night (not very high security) and steals one of the cars that still ran. Just before he makes his getaway, a cop spots him and a chase ensues. The chase ends when the protagonist beats a train to a railroad crossing and the cop gets left behind. (Note, with use if cutscenes, i will give illusion of car crossing tracks seconds before a train.

I need some tips on how i could collect a bunch of beater cars that "look like clunkers" to make the lot and some tips on how to do a 1 cop car vs 1 car chase scene.

Thanks,
-RL

Back