• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch LOVE LANGUAGE (48 Hour Film Project)

LOVE LANGUAGE -Romantic Comedy Action- (48 Hour Film Project)

In collaboration with Almost Good Films, here's our short for the 48 Hour Film Project. I was the DoP.

bNmGV.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTrk2NE_CXs

A nice man has to overcome obstacles to meet his love at first sight.

Our drama was Romance with this year requirements being:

Character/Occupation: Margaret (or Mac) McCarthy/Interpreter
Phrase: "You know what I mean?"
Prop: Garden Hose

We took home the Audience Choice award for our Screening group as well as Best Editing, Best Fight Choreography, and Best Use of a Prop during the "Best Of" screening.

This is actually a sequel from last years short, Rule 43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3f746vQWDc

Last edited:
Cool short! I liked the cinematography and acting. But the audio is very muddy, poorly edited, and there's an annoying hissing sound in the background.

Totally agree with you on the audio. We forgot to bring our usual set up for audio but we at least had a Rode Mic to work with. We just got the Rode so we haven't quite figured out a good setting for it but it does produce really bad hisses regardless. Add that to the fact that the Canon 60D doesn't really have any live audio monitoring. It was honestly the best that we were able to make it within the time limit.

But thanks for checking it out! I recommend EVERYONE to try out a 48 Hour Film Fest or something of the sorts. It really tests how well you can sell a story within a max 7min short.

Last edited:
That's a great 48hfp! Very cute.

Worthy of the awards you won, too! Definitely well-done on the prop.

Writing, shooting, and editing a film to be turned in within 48 hours is insanity... it's also an insanity I've done the past 3 years.

Back